Legal Ethics Writ Large
About This Course
While protecting and advancing the interests of clients is an important part of the legal profession, the true mission of attorneys is even greater: to preserve and protect liberty from unwarranted infringement by governmental power. Both of these tasks require common-sense knowledge and application of legal-ethics standards, as well as understanding the system for enforcing them, Constitutional law principles, attorneys’ role in the Constitutional system, and the influence of common law on the legal profession. However, as daunting as these duties may seem, their true importance does not lie in the big-picture mission. Rather, the most important part of legal-ethics lies in the mundane, common-sense ways in which attorneys can accomplish their duties to their clients, to the courts, to the public, and to the system itself. This program will discuss both the big mission and the mundane, day-to-day application of it.
This program is an interactive seminar open to attorneys of all levels and areas interested in learning more about and discussing legal-ethics on both a large and small scale.
- Define attorneys’ legal-ethics mission towards both advancing clients’ interests and protecting and preserving liberty
- Discuss Constitutional principles and attorneys’ role regarding them
- Summarize the history of legal-ethics standards and its enforcement system
- Understand the importance of educating clients about the legal system
- Explore ways to strengthen attorney-client relationships in order to better fulfill legal-ethics duties
- Explore everyday ways of fulfilling legal-ethics requirements to clients, courts, and the public
Course Time Schedule:
Eastern Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Central Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Mountain Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Pacific Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Alaska Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Hawaii-Aleutian Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
This course is also being presented on the following dates:
About the Presenters
James R. Wrenn, Jr., Esq.
James R. Wrenn Jr. at WrennLaw.Com
Practice Area: Ethics (+1 other areas)
James Wrenn Jr. Esq. is an attorney in Virginia. He is admitted to practice in the Virginia Supreme Court, the lower courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia, US District Courts for Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, and the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth...View Details