This seminar will examine the legal issues confronted by attorneys and the courts when dealing with protests and counter-protests.
1. At the end of the course attendees will be able to identify the legal issues surrounding demonstrations.
2. Those attending the seminar will become familiar with the
history and ideology of current violent protest groups.
3. Attendees will be aware of the legal standards concerning police use of force, both deadly and non-deadly.
1. First Amendment Free Speech and Right to Assembly Issues
2. Parade Permits
3. Overview of the “Occupy” And Antifa Movements
4. Federal and State Case Law and Statutes Relevant to Mass Protests and Use of Force
Course Time Schedule:
Eastern: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
Central: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm CT
Mountain: 10:00 am to 11:00 am MT
Pacific: 9:00 am to 10:00 am PT